Thursday, May 7, 2015

Confessions and Re-Construction

I started streamlining. You know..... doing what everyone else was doing on blogging. I was starting to feel as if I needed to be part of the cookie cutter of blogging. I found out I did not want to be on that baking sheet. I started comparing my blog with other blogs-changing too much to try and line up with their blog--- because their blog is always better --- right? Their blog had great topics, pics, hey some blogs are making money! Wow! Some are just more talented than me! More creative! (over exaggeration added by me). Found myself blogging about topics and things I had no interest in-- to try and match up to what everyone else is doing. It became boring, tedious, overwhelming, stressful............................ I needed to be me --- because everyone else is taken.

I had to remove every last post--- because I did not have the time nor the patience to try and figure out what post was me and what post I worked so incredibly hard at --- to --- what? Get followers? Make someone happy? Make someone unhappy? Ugh! Crazy thing is... I know I am supposed to write. Get that nudge 'just do it' --- just sit down and start writing! 

So here I am --- I am going about this with a new perspective with the hopes you enjoy my blog by me. I must confess I have no idea WHY I wanted my blog to be like someone other blog--- I mean did I want them to write my blog? Or, me write their blog? Hmmm, almost made me feel like I had to do what they were doing or no one would read my blog ..... side note: they, their, them, someone--- nobody in particular--- just bloggers, et al.  

I have more to do. More to write of course (I hope). But more to do in the re-construction- it has to be different. I have not changed, I am still me and I want my blog to be posts of what I enjoy and love. I love to teach, read my Bible, cook, read, watch good movies and good TV, spend time with my daughter, worship, I love music and lyrics. I love puzzles and coffee, never ever forget coffee. I love animals and food, board games and stupid comedy. I am a social introvert (yeah go ahead and figure that one out), I love learning, different cultures and traditions, different religions and belief systems. I love the rain, the first snow, a good thunderstorm- hold the lightning, Fall, Jesus. Yeah, I do love to write and create......to begin.

Bunny Trail:

May is Pet Appreciation Month--don't quote me on that, a 6 year old told me. I will be posting pics of my pets tomorrow- even if it's not true. And I do find it comical the pun in the 'Bunny' trail and it is Pet Appreciation Month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Your visit and comments mean a lot to me!